If you got very focused and extremely motivated, what amazing goal could you accomplish in 100 days? What if you put all your focus on one thing with so much value that achieving it would elevate the way you feel about your whole life. How empowering would it be to accomplish something like that?
Most of the time there are only two things that prevent us from reaching our most important goals. Can you guess what those two things are? Let me give you a little hint. It’s usually not the lack of ability or knowledge that stands in our way. The truth is, we are all capable of much more than we give ourselves credit for, and the knowledge we need is readily available.
So what is it that gets in our way?
Most of the time, our two biggest obstacles are simply a lack of focus and a lack of motivation. And why is it so hard to gather the focus and motivation necessary to accomplish our most important goals? Distractions, that’s why! Life is full of so many meaningless distractions and busywork that the truly important pursuits get pushed aside and trampled on.
How many of your important goals are in a holding pattern right now? What important areas of your life have suffered because you are either too busy trying to keep up, or you are just too worn out after everything else is done?
What if you were totally motivated?
Let’s look at the other side of the equation for a minute. Is there some amazing goal that you could totally immerse yourself in if you could find a way to push all the distractions and busy work aside for awhile? Something that would really light your fire and get you excited? Think about that for a moment and see what you come up with.
I’m guessing that there is something that you feel that way about. Be honest here, isn’t there some special goal that you would love to accomplish if you only had the circumstances. Do you think it might be possible to actually create those circumstances if you were extremely motivated?
Focus follows motivation and commitment
Let’s work on the motivation aspect first. What if you had a fixed deadline of 100 days to accomplish something spectacular starting in two weeks. What if you viewed it as a do or die situation? I have always found that having a deadline can create a lot of motivation and this one has some great advantages.
One of those advantages is the fact that you’ve got two weeks to get ready. That’s just enough time to clearly define exactly what you want to accomplish and put together your action plan. You can use the two weeks to get prepared and adjust your schedule so you can hit the ground running.
Some tools to help you go for it
I recently came across a great set of tools that can help you make massive progress on your most important goals very quickly. And here’s the kicker, it won’t cost you anything!
You see, every time my friend Gary Ryan Blair opens his 100 Day Challenge he give away a free report and video series called “How to Achieve Radical Results Fast GUARANTEED.” And every time he adds more value to this inspiring video series.
Even though this is all part of his promotion, I am not suggesting that you need to buy anything from me or anyone else. I just want to make sure that you have access to this powerful free resource. so you can accomplish your dreams.
6 things you’ll need to accomplish your goal in 100 days
1. Clarity. The first thing needed is to actually have one or more clear and meaningful goals. Take some time over the next two wees to get very clear about exactly what you plan to accomplish.
2. Motivation. To pull this off, motivation is a must. Think about all the reasons why accomplishing your amazing goal is important to you. List the benefits you will experience and how it will make you feel. You’ve already got a starting point and a deadline. Make sure you also have a good reason.
3. Commitment. Don’t just say you are going to try, that leaves too much wiggle room. Decide to make a rock solid commitment to actually accomplish your goal by the end of the 100 days. It will take a solid commitment to keep those distractions at bay.
4. Focus. This is where the real power to accomplish your goals comes from. Maintaining a high degree of focus is the difference between mediocre results and outstanding results. To help you with that little challenge, I highly recommend that you read Using Applied Focus Sessions to Boost Productivity. It’s a little focus strategy so you can make the time to reach your goal and still have a life.
5. Accountability. This one is easy, all you need to do is leave a comment telling us what amazing goal you intend to accomplish in a 100 day time span. There’s a lot of power in the simple act of putting your goals on display for the entire world to see.
6. Action. As usual, you can’t accomplish anything without taking action. We live in an action-reaction reality and all the good intentions in the world won’t amount to much if they aren’t backed up by action. So, spend the next two weeks preparing to take massive action for 100 days so you can accomplish something amazing.
If you enjoyed this article consider email updates!